Saturday 13 December 2014

EXPO Marina's 'Ever Evolving' @SMART in Nice


Most of you know my watercolours, but I'm also painting in acrylics. Interested? Until 30 December, my non-watercolour work is on display in the showroom of Smart in Nice (the big glass tower you pass on the way to Italy). Less than one minute from exit 52. 

 There are big roses, fingerprints and the newest version of my 'Ever Evolving work of art'.

That's my 'monumental, conceptual and strictly autonomous' painting in mixed technique (oil and or acrylics), constructed from several canvases, large and small. These canvases are ’stand alone’ and also fit together. Whenever a part is sold, it will be replaced with a new part, that is different, yet ‘fits’ again. At this moment it is over 6 meters long, and exists of 35 parts. I had to work like crazy to replace 2 of the 'banners' that sold in the last exhibition in Théoule. But it worked out, and if you happen to pass by exit 52 of the A8, you're most welcome to come in and check it out!

If you can't make it: in January it will be exhibited again, in La Roquette, together with the sculptures of Patience aka 'DEVAS'. I will let you know about that and the vernissage on 8 January in a later post... Because of the setup of that space, it will look more like a 'mix', like  this:




No comments:

Post a Comment