Thursday 7 July 2022

Meet the Hangar Art Contest Winner: Judith Veraart-Heuff

After an exciting 'Battle of the Greatest', Judith Veraart won the Hangar Art contest with her watercolour 'Experiments I'. We proudly present this wonderful and original artist in the blogpost below:

 Judith Veraart-Heuff is of Dutch origin. She moved to the South of France with her husband about 25 years ago. Their three boys were born here (and in some other places in the world ), yet most of the time they lived here in the South of France as a family. Judith was mainly occupied by raising them (feeding and driving them, both a lot) and next to that managing/helping out with the two Waldorf-Steiner Kindergarten structures in the area. 

Meanwhile she graduated as a Steiner teacher and while living in the States she became a life coach at the Co-Active Training Institute.

Four years ago, Judith joined the Hangar to take watercolour lessons with Marina Kulik and Sculpture lessons with Marie Boquet. She immediately fell in love with the place and the courses offered. Although she really liked working with clay and the people in that group, she wanted to focus on one class only and finally chose to stay with watercolours.

"I like working with watercolour as it has a calming effect on me. Most of the time I work in a state of childlike wonder and love for exploration to see what is happening on the paper. I see it as a dialogue between me, the materials I use, and the themes I might be working on. Marina gives me the space to explore and find my own way."

"My paintings are the result of these ‘encounters’ as I call them.
I have always been interested in the energy behind colours and shapes, and what you can enable with it. Starting a painting, I ask myself, what colour and shape I like to work with. What is it that I need today for instance? During the process I am aware of what is going on in me and avoid ‘closing down’ the painting, in ‘becoming’ something. I keep it open to really give it time to express what wants to emerge. By not naming the picture or giving it an open name, I give the viewers the freedom to explore what is present or emerging in them. See it as an invitation. I love to hear people’s reactions, as everybody has their own perspective. 

Looking forward hearing from you."


Art reveals the hidden laws of the world, which, without art, would remain invisible.
J.W. van Goethe

The Hangar Board and the jury, as well as all those enthusiastic voters, congratulate Judith on her first prize! We hope and expect that she will continue her journey and research into light and shape, combined with her own beautiful mind. Here is some more of her interesting work and an action picture...








 

Insta: judithvera.art
Website: https://judithvera.art

4 comments:

  1. Leuk, mooi, eerlijk en waar!
    Heerlijk judith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat enorm gaaf ! Gefeliciteerd, meissie !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prachtig! Ik ben fan!

    ReplyDelete